Friday, September 08, 2006

Hi all =)
I'm Abel and our friend here has graciously allowed me to share this blog with him, albeit my constant naggings. I'm in the music business and have been slogging for 6years. Had the fortune of meeting amazing talents from around Asia. Am equally happy belting out my favourite tunes in acoustically perfect bathrooms or concert halls. Am intolerant of selfish behaviour. This has to end abruptly since i'm not good at concluding.

oh p.s. This blog is now associated with cooldom because i'm part of it and according to Eric, i have a ******* account so i'm cool. :p



anyways here's my first entry with a bit of editing here and there it looks as good as new.

planning ahead;

My dad told me today that i have to plan ahead. This topic comes up so often in our daily conversation that it is impossible to give it further thought. It doesn't help that the media would pull you up just to bring you down, even if there is such thing as gravity and expiry dates. I do believe in choosing our destiny, the romantic notion of going against all odds, but the natural cycle of life means that at some point, we'll have to work with the tide to create a bigger wave.

The idea of cramming my time with every possible assignments that would fatten my bank account never appealed to me. I sometimes don't have time to smell the flowers or admire the weeds on my balcony. All the new tricks and words that Jonah learnt were not taught by me. I could only succumb to his pleas of diiping his saliva coated finger into the sugar jar when i do spend time with him and my coffee. My dad's pate is looking shinier, my mum's looking shorter, my sister had a new hair colour and the other one went to santorini. I'm no sentimental fool, but it would be nice if i could have been around. But no less importantly, what have i done with the time?

Sometimes the realisation of a thousand things to be done does grip me by the shoulders so tightly that my mind goes a complete blank. I think that's what you call a panic attack. And the always childish conclusion of "I don't want to do ANYTHING" does mean that i have buckled and that they have won. To tell you the truth, i cannot stand to be defeated, and therefore will win albeit furtively on other grounds. Furtive because a secret success is weirdly wonderfully gratifying.

My friend told me sometime ago about his unfortunate experience at an American airport and how he was roughly treated since he looked like he could be a muslim extremist. After going through all his belongings and stern interrogation, they finally released him, unabashed. He then muttered almost inaudibly,

"#$%^ you very much."

The girl, who had obviously not heard him clearly, answered, "You are welcome." He took his stuff and left.

This isn't really getting anywhere. Random thoughts my dear. Random thoughts of Abel.

No comments: